MWE is accepting applications for a School Counselor for Ermineskin Jr. Sr. HIgh School. This position is a very dynamic, fast-paced role within the school environment, working in prevention, intervention, and crisis response.
The successful candidate will:
- In consultation with the principal, and other school staff, assess the needs of the school and develop a counseling plan to address those needs.
- Provide individual counseling support to students in the areas of emotional, social, and spiritual well being.
- Develop, coordinate and provide targeted group counseling to address areas of need
- Integrate the Cree Culture into student counseling
- Coordinate referrals to community agencies and/or appropriate professionals.
- Maintain positive relationships with students, teachers, administration, parents, the community and other agencies.
- Collaborate with the principal and the school staff to establish and maintain a positive work environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum Bachelor of Education degree or a Degree in Social Work or related area, pursuing a Masters in the field of counseling.
- Experience working within a school environment in a counselling capacity.
- Knowledge of the Cree Language and Culture will be an asset.
- Experience in working with trauma will be an asset.
Salary will be determined by the candidate’s level of education and years of experience.
How to Apply
In order for your application to be properly assessed and considered, a complete application must be submitted as listed below:
•Complete up to date post-secondary transcripts
*Recent Criminal/Vulnerable Sector Check
Documents can be
•Or faxed to:
Fax # 780-585-2116
Telephone # 780-585-2118
Position will remain open until filled.